Thursday, September 22, 2011

2011 Topps Platinum Football



Topps has turned the Platinum brand into a nice mid range affordable product. Good Names with lots of Rookies. Nice looking patches and the design of the cards is clean. You can expect to recieve the following in one Hobby Box of Topps Platinum:

3 Hits Per Box
2 ON CARD Autographed Refractor Rookie Cards
and
1 Autograph Refractor Patch Card

In addition you get 1 Refractor Rookie Card per pack

I really like the patches this year. Lots of Color and you can tell Topps put some thought into the design of the Auto Patch Cards. Plus they have the new color cards (not sure if these are refractors or not).

I placed an average value of $19.00 per high end card. You are likely to get one decent colored patch auto card that will sell for some good money (mine was a Von Miller Triple Patch - sold for $32.00). As for the other two, do not hold your breath. My Tandon Doss sold for a whopping a $5.00 and I think I will be lucky to get $20 for my Kendall Hunter Auto.

The mid range cards I put an average value of $3.75. The one refractor per pack are nice. But out of 20 packs not many notable rookies. You will get a couple random Xfractors per pack also.

Lastly I placed a value of 10 cents per base card. Again, good amount of rookies and notable names. But people are not exactly jumping through hoops to grab platinum base cards.

You can pick up a hobby box of Topps Platinum for about $90.00 which gives you a respactable .90 cents per card.

The resulting WROIR is 1.15 which results in a grade of a C.

CASE RATIO
I was not able to find much of a discount on case prices. The price I used for a case was $1075. A case will yield you 12 hobby boxes and a case hit. I valued the case hit at $75.00 in my equation. The price per card has stayed at .90 cents but the WROIR has increased to 1.22 due to the Case Hit. This results in a grade of a C+

HOBBY BOX FINAL GRADE = C
CASE FINAL GRADE = C+

No comments:

Post a Comment