Thursday, September 22, 2011

Who We Are

I have created RatingTheWax to help the collector understand what they can expect on their average Return on Investment (ROI) when purchasing your favorite wax box. I have created a complex calculation that deciphers down the average return on investment from the expected hits per box, expected mid hits per box and common cards. I take all the expected hits, mid value cards, base cards and calculate an avereage Return on Investment Ratio then average out a weighted total ratio. Following me?

Who am I? I am banker by trade that loves collecting. I basically crunch numbers for a living and thought it would be helpful to provide information on wax boxes and their expected value compared to the retail price of the box.

I also want to state that my calculations take into account a number of factors. Price, Pack Count, Card Count, Price Per Card, Several ROI Ratios, disqualifiers, qualifiers and a weighted ROI ratio. I then take this Ratio and compare it to a grid. I will post how the Grid looks. As this project develops I may adjust the grid as I tweak and fine tune my calculation.

By no means am I trying to bash or promote a certain product. And please understand that my calculations are using an AVERAGE Wax Box. So I may a grade a wax box a "F". But you pulled a Super High Value card, so in your world you have an "A" wax box. But remember, my calculation is just assuming you have an average box with what is being advertised.

Feel free to email me with any questions.

1 comment:

  1. I think this should be interesting to follow. Thanks for sharing your findings!

    ReplyDelete